Tina,
                  I have been out of circulation for a couple of months and
am just catching up on the 100s of Emails.
I have not heard anything about a motorway services near St. Oswalds church
being planned but do know that the nearby Parkside Colliery, now cleared,
was considered for a road distribution centre and later as a EuroRail
Terminal. Residents of Winwick have objected so perhaps either the
Warrington Guardian, St. Helens Reporter or St. Helens Star, (all online)
contain some information.
I have not located the well but know that a capped resevoir is behind the
church, away from the A49 road. If you have good directions to the well,
please send them to me.
Regards Mike

christina martin <[log in to unmask]> on 24/08/2001 19:56:55

Please respond to for students of holy wells and waterlore