Mark,

Our choice of VLE was based on it's lack of needless 'bells and whistles' to
help remove technological barriers

e.g.
- poviding ease of use and intuitive access to the subject matter in-hand for
students and staff alike
- removing the need (and bottleneck?) for dedicated staff to manage course
creation and user accounts so that they may be controlled directly by course
tutors who may possess little technical knowledge (and thereby minimising
technical support needed)

Regards,
Paul

------------------
Paul Blackmore
Information & ICT Manager [Deputy Director:Operations & Projects]
Lancaster University
Careers Service
Reception Lodge
Lancaster LA1 4YW.

Email: [log in to unmask]
Websites: http://careers-main.lancs.ac.uk/   &  http://emplex.lancs.ac.uk
CDL-Net!: http://careers-main.lancs.ac.uk/cdl-net.htm
Shameless plug! http://www.aslib.co.uk/pubs/2001/08/06.html

Tel. (+44) (0)1524 593046; Fax. (+44) (0)1524 592072