Please see the correspondence below.

Has anyone any thoughts which might be useful to M Perreault ?

All good wishes, John R

----- Original Message -----
From: John Radcliffe <[log in to unmask]>
To: Perreault, Mathieu <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: enquiry from Canadian journalist

Dear M. Perreault

I am replying to your note as On Line Editor of the Kipling Society.

There are many references in Kipling's works to Afghanistan, several of
which have been mentioned in recent press articles in the UK. However, we
don't know of any conference or meeting which is to discuss his significance
for the current campaign.

However I am glad to circulate your note to our mailbase discussion group,
to see if any of my colleagues come up with any thoughts on the matter.

All good wishes, John Radcliffe, On Line Editor, The Kipling Society