My dear friends,
                        Of all the derangements of lumbar spine the most fascinating & challenging is one of Shift correction .I think there is no better way to correct this than McKenzie MDT .
                    Recently I have been experimenting with few  chronic  cases of D4 .Shift which is very stubborn and resistance do reoccur to the surprise of patient and therapist both .
Shift correction in unloaded spine;(La McKenzie) EIL with pushing the pelvis away &
Shift correction in Semiloaded position ;quadruped position and then correct shift and then Camel (flexion)
is converted by slowly coaxing it to Cat(lordosis) some manual traction (distraction ) maybe be used. A self discovered technique.
Shift correction in standing;
SGIS and manually overcorrecting shift in standing (LaMckenzie)
Shift correction with the help of Table (La Jack Miller)
.  And NOW ,
Shift correction while walking a new method I wish to share with friends on the list.
Make the patient walk with only one shoe ,if found painful slight flexion will abolish that soon patient will learn to move from this position to lordotic position and we can keep the shift corrected for long time.
                    If found useful an appropriate Insole can be fitted in one shoe to help .
I find shift correction is round the clock necessity.
Positions to maintain & correct shift
1.While sleeping  Make the patient sleep on shifted Side and place a roll underthat side of spine.
2.While Sitting place a small pillow underpainful side.
3.While walking place a insole in one shoe.
In addition to following protocol as suggested by great McKenzie we can use above mentioned positions to maintain shift correction .
                    If I am wrong somewhere Please correct me and if you all agree then also let me know .And If some other method you know PLEASE SHARE with us.
With best wishes and regards to everyone.

Dr.Sarveshwar Sood,
Director,ICCS,
Institute of Conservative Care Of Spine.
Orthopaedic Surgeon & Head Department of Physical
Medicine & Rehabilitation,
Member American Academy Of Pain Management.
S.B.L.S.Hospital
812/1,Housing Board Colony
Model Town,Jalandhar city
Punjab State.India