Dear Colleagues:
I am writing to inform you that our upcoming Second Congress of the North American Association for Laser Therapy &  First Consensus Conference on Laser Medicine, Photobiology and Bioengineering of Tissue Repair, has been postponed from October 23-26 this year to February 20 - 23, 2002 (next year), and moved from Washington DC to Atlanta, GA.

The decision to postpone and relocate the meeting was a difficult one, but one that became inevitable because of the recent widely publicized incidents in New York and Washington DC. As of this writing, the National Airport in Washington remains closed. And I understand that security around the airport and the Pentagon remains tight, making it difficult for people to move around freely within the vicinity of our congress venue, the Key Bridge Marriott, which is located close to the airport and the Pentagon.

The new venue of the congress is the Marriott Airport Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this change may cause you, especially those of you that have registered to attend the meeting. I look forward to seeing you at the congress. We will be forwarding additional information concerning the meeting to you at a later time.

Sincerely Yours,

Chukuka S. Enwemeka, P.T., Ph.D., FACSM
Editor-in-Chief, Laser Therapy
Professor & Chairman, Dept. of Physical Therapy
University of Kansas Medical Center
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, KS 66160-7601

Email: [log in to unmask]