Christopher and others,

I just came across this reference from the Consortium for the Teaching of the Middle Ages, I(TEAMS) publications list at the Medieval Institute (Western Michigan University) website.  Perhaps it will be useful--please let us know!

Leah

         A SLICE OF LIFE:
         Selected Documents of Medieval English Peasant Experience
         edited, translated, and with an introduction by Edwin Brezette DeWindt

 A small collection of documents designed to be used by undergraduates who are
 interested in exploring the kinds of texts historians use to construct a picture of
 medieval English peasant experience.

 "Since the audience for this text is assumed to be primarily students of medieval history,
 nothing from a specifically literary text has been included. Further, since archaeology
 deals in artifacts and other physical remains, it is impractical to supply material from that
 discipline. Therefore, only material from record sources is provided. . . . [T]hese are the
 only written materials that permit some measure of personalized contact with specific
 men and women from the past, so this gives them a special importance"--from the
 Introduction.

 Copyright 1996
 ISBN 1­879288­73­7 (paperbound only) $6.00
 pp. viii + 101