As far as I am aware, the only surviving written work by Robert of Arbrissel, founder of Fontevraud, is a letter of moral advice on "how to be a nun inwardly while functioning politically" which he wrote in the first decade of the 12th C to Ermengarde of Anjou, Duchess (& later Dowager-Duchess) of Brittany. A French translation together with the Latin original has been published  by de PETIGNY in Bulletin de l'Ecole des Chartes (1854) - I have a p'copy of this.

What I am asking is: does anyone know of a study of this work, either in a Life of Robert d'A, a history of F. or a more general work on female spirituality in the 12th C ?

Brenda M. C.