[Apologies for Crossposting]

INTERNATIONAL MEDIEVAL CONGRESS
July 8 - 11, 2002

Organized Session Proposal: "English Archbishops in Exile: 1097 - 1170"

The special thematic strand of next year's International Medieval Congress
is exile. I would like to contribute to this theme by organizing a session
on English archbishops in exile from 1097 - 1170, a period that opens with
Anselm's first exile and ends with Becket's return to England and subsequent
death. Papers may focus on a particular archbishop or take a comparative
approach, looking at the circumstances of exile for two or more men. The
geographical parameter is open and can accommodate papers that focus on
events that occurred either in England or on the continent. Submissions are
welcome from any relevant discipline. If you are interested in participating
in this session, please e-mail me an abstract at [log in to unmask] The
deadline for submission in October 14, 2001.

Dawn Hayes
--
Dawn Marie Hayes, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of European History