Thanks to the power of this list.

My sincere thanks to Steven Wheat, Chris Rodda and Phil Bastow for their
help on sorting me out on Z Charts. I was cheeky enough to ask them for
sample data, too, and Steven was first back with a nice set of data that
I have almost instantly set up as my own little Z Chart ... you'll see
it one day!

By the way, did everyone spot that 70% of the winners in the Teacher of
the Year Award were WOMEN. Well done!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/education/newsid_1621000/1621569.stm

Duncan Williamson

Dear All,

A request for something that I've drawn a blank on.

In the old days I learned about Z (time series) Charts: they consist of
three curves; and when plotted they always form a letter Z.Spooky or
what?

Anyway, I remember two out of the three curves:

curve one = the actual data
curve two = the actual data accumulated

but

curve three = can't remember and can't work it out.

Anyone have a stats book with such a thing, or that has a website
address
they can point me at?

I'd be grateful.

Duncan Williamson