On Tuesday, October 30, 2001, at 07:06  AM,
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> What is at the end of a namespace?  Nothing. Nada. Zip.
>
> Namespaces are punctuation. Nothing more.

While this may be true if you only follow the spec, there is a
widespread expectation that namespaces should have something at
their end (meaning here that if you paste an HTTP one into your
web browser it should work). The W3C promotes this and does work
that depends on this. Many users similarly like to visit a
namespace to see what it's about.

It's a good practice, IMO, and I see no reason to stop. If you
want to argue that we should, take it to some W3C list, not the
Dublin Core itself.

--
[ "Aaron Swartz" ; <mailto:[log in to unmask]> ; <http://www.aaronsw.com/> ]