As Aaron and many others pointed out: One URI can serve several purposes.

One is: They imply other URI's

automatically from the specification gives

"http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/title"

when we use dc:title in an RDF/XML record.

That's how it is.

The current resolving (redirect) of "http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" is to

                                    "http://dublincore.org/2001/08/14/dces#" .

I don't think "/ #" substitution is dictated by the definition of "purl" - or?.

The consequence of the seemingly innocent change "/" to a "#" at the end, is that we retrieve always the same object:
Regardless whether we call the namespace URI or "http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/title" -

In case i'm right about purl resolving, there is a plethora of things we could discuss under the header "to what resolves..."

Anyhow: An RDF Parser should get from the the result of retrieval of "http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" at minimum what it
get's right now about dc15. [Analogously for terms and types and ....].

-------------

RDDL: My understanding of http://www.openhealth.org/RDDL/rddl.rdfs# [1] is, that RDDL has a preferred interpretation in RDF.
      This is impression is supported further by  http://www.openhealth.org/RDDL/rddl2rdf.xsl  [2]

This causes a problem thanks to substantial semantic overlap of RDDL with DublinCore - recognizable for a human.

On the other side form the viewpoint of an RDF application taking [2] into account,
RDDL currently appears as a metadata language unrelated to DublinCore.

[1] and [2] are declared by http://www.openhealth.org as non-normative examples. I have no idea what a non-normative example
possibly could be.

It would be desirable for a metadata registry to provide machine understandable relations -
I'm not sure about whether the DC-registry people have considered this kind of issue.
I think it's a fairly real one  - as this kind of behaviour RDDL shares with some other metadata languages with preferred
mapping to RDF.

---------

Cheers
rs