-----Original Message-----
From: Accident and Emergency Academic List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Fiona Jewkes
Sent: 30 September 2001 21:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Prehospital Analgesia for Children

Dear all,

I have been given the task of trying provide some answers as to how
paramedics in the UK can adequately control pain in children before they
reach hospital.

As many of you will know, Morphine was not approved for paramedic use in
children in the UK. I'm interested to hear any ideas, novel or otherwise,
pharmacological or not. I would particularly value the experiences of other
countries such as the USA, Canada, Australia, S.Africa, New Zealand... -  as
well as Europe - and what they do (including opiate use) and whether they
feel they've got it right. It's a real problem in the UK and I'd be really
grateful for some help.

Please contact me direct at [log in to unmask]  or of course via the
list if more appropriate.

Many thanks

Fiona Jewkes