Paul,

I started using Papyrus while doing my DPhil Thesis in Britain. Back in Mexico I found out everyone else was using End Note. However, I decided to keep my Papyrus programme and files because of its 'notecard' subroutine, which I believe is what you need and precisely what End Note does not provide. The main limitation of Papyrus is that it is DOS based  still!!! Not out of negligence or lack of programming capacity, but from a consious choice of the authors of the packet who consulted us (the users) a few years ago, and opted to keep it out of the microsoft empire. But Papyrus works very well and runs very smooth on menus; it also communicates very well with windows based word processors. You can eve use both: that means that there is a way to export Papyrus data bases to End Note files, although obviously your notecards will not travel to End Note since it does not have a slot for them.

I do not know their web address, but if you search for 'Papyrus and bibliography and refference and data base' it should pop out easily. I believe there is a demo to download and the real thing is rather cheap.

Good luck.

Bernardo Turnbull

Bernardo Turnbull