Thanks for your answers.

There must be more than 1 of you out there who is a proponent of keeping
them?

So far more in favour of dumping Boyle's machines out of A&E.
I would be sorry to lose them, but really only because I like having the
option of giving someone >50% N2O prior to a painful L.A. injection, or
combined with midaz / morph for reductions etc.

I dread to think what the cost of "safe" replacements would be and
remain to be convinced whether the occasional use by a senior doc to
provide >50% N2O is justified. We have oxylogs which see far more use.

In 9 years, I've never seen a  Boyles' machine used in A&E for something
that couldn't have been done at least as safely some other way.

Problem is, if I even suggest to the managers that we don't need
replacements, all they'll do is stick another bed in the vacated space!
(Cynic - moi?)

Goat

Dr G Ray
A&E