The message <002101c15b67$3b24a160$3e827ad5@afogarty>
  from  Adrian Fogarty <[log in to unmask]> contains these words:

> As far as possible exposure to a suspicious agent goes, these should not be
> dealt with in an A&E department. This is a police and public health matter
> and such cases should not get through your doors! They should be isolated,
> ideally where the exposure has occurred, the police then informed together
> with CDSC, who will advise on the need for chemoprophylaxis or vaccination.
> Conversely any patients who present with suggestive symptoms should be
> promptly referred to your local ID team.

The Central Public Health Laboratory at Colindale is less than two miles
from my work place, which is just about the most inappropriate venue for
any suspicious cases to be seen and treated. There is also a large
postal sorting office nearby (on The Hyde, the one the IRA has bombed
twice recently.)

I am willing to wager good money that worried employees from both of
these places will present to our unit with 'suspected anthrax'.

--
Helen D. Vecht: [log in to unmask]
Edgware.