Yes. I agree with you.
But it is necessary for testing some european standards.
Unfurtunately I am obliged to buy the pendulum.

"Martyn R. Shorten, Ph.D." escribió:

 Dear Juan,Before finding a pendulum tester, you might like to consider some alternatives. Friction tests of this type are falling out of favour. Shoe-surface friction does not obey Coulombs laws - "Friction coefficients" vary with normal load, contact area and sliding velocity. Consequently, tests need to be conducted at normal loads and sliding velocities that are representative of human motion. The pending ASTM standard test method for sports shoe-surface traction recommends 1000 N ( or more) of vertical load and a sliding velocity of 0.5 m/s. Testers that meet these requirements are available, and I can put you in touch with a manufacturer if you would like.With best regards,Martyn R. Shorten, Ph.D.                TEL:+1 (503) 452-0350
BioMechanica, LLC.                      FAX:+1 (503) 452-0345
425 SE Ninth Ave.
Portland, OR 97214, USA                 http://www.biomechanica.com

Dear forum members,

I am looking for a company or supplier of the test device: Pendulum

modified Le Roux.

This device is used for testing friction over artificial and natural

turf.

Juan V. Durá - Instituto de Biomecánica de Valencia

http://www.ibv.org

Tel. +34 - 961366032 Fax. +34 - 961366033