<< The people that attacked
 us all last Tuesday simply aren't part of the liberals' Just World
 Hypothesis. They don't hate us because of what we might or might not have
 done to them. They hate us because we are not them!  >>

Dear Norman

I think you are losing the plot. (And possibly projecting?) There is every
reason to believe that the people who attacked the World Trade Centre and the
Pentagon did so because of many specific acts and omissions by successive
American and other Western governments. That doesn't make these appalling
acts OK - far from it. But it does mean that the appropriate response may be
not to nuke Afghanistan, nor to embrace existential despair, but to listen to
what the Third World is saying. Much as we try to do in therapy.

Regards

Nick

Nick Totton
Erthworks