        From:   Kathy Ennis [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
        Sent:   21 September 2001 15:08
        To:     [log in to unmask]
        Subject:        Libraries and learndirect: Succeeding Together

        Apologies for cross posting
        Ufi Ltd in partnership with the Library Association has pleasure in
        announcing a unique forthcoming conference to discuss ways in which
to take
        the partnership forward.
        We wish to invite a key representative from each library-based
learndirect
        centre and access point, who will also have knowledge of operations
within
        the library service, and the ability to implement key actions which
will
        result from the outcomes. The conference will take place on the 3rd
December
        2001 from 11.00am - 4.00pm at the Open University, Milton Keynes.
        There will be case study learndirect centres, themed workshops on
staff
        training, marketing and support, and also the chance to meet other
        learndirect centre staff.
        There are a limited number of places available for this event as
there are
        over 140 learndirect library Learning Centres and Access Points now
in
        operation. The conference is free, but organisations will need to
meet their
        own travel and accommodation costs.

        If you are interested in attending please send an email to
        [log in to unmask], headed Libraries and learndirect:
Succeeding
        Together. In the text please include your name, address and fax
number.

        We look forward to hearing from you.