thank you george, your comment was overdue.  i agree wholeheartedly

yours sincerely,

sergio viggiani
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]>Ferzoco, G.P.
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 3:41 PM
Subject: [I-S] ADMIN *Italian* studies

Dear colleagues,

all of us have been touched, most profoundly, by recent events, and we are all extremely concerned about how the world will deal with these crises. It is therefore, with the greatest respect and humility, that I would ask 'italian-studies' members to use our list to express opinions on these events only insofar as they deal substantially with Italy or Italian culture. There are a near-infinite number of discussion groups elsewhere that are dedicated solely to the present outlook of world affairs.

I hope that you may agree with this suggestion.

Best wishes to all,
George