I think that at this particular moment there is much more at stake than
the opinion or pronouncement of individuals. I think what is at stake
now is really existence. We might be able to overcome some of the
problems humans have created if we have time but if we allow hatred
to be the master then we will never be able to find such a way. There-
fore I think that at the moment it is much more important to make clear
to the men in power that we are not on their side, that we do not want
war and that we do not think that violent retaliations are the solution.
Instead of the dicussions which are starting to take place I would ask
everybody to help and find petitions which we can sign or organise
some sort of resistance to the game of wild boys. I say this very con-
scously because we should really consider the structures which favour
acts like the one in New York and the reaction the American government
is pushing for.
Elisabeth Burr

To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME
to: [log in to unmask]
To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies
to: [log in to unmask]
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html