In a message dated 9/3/01 11:28:46 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<

Would anyone be interested in contributing to the 'Questions & Answers'

section of the Journal of Health Services Research and Policy?  JHSRP is

edited by Nick Black at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical

Medicine, London UK, and Nicholas Mays, at The Treasury, New Zealand. >>

Sir/Madam:

I would be very interested in contributing to this section. My areas of
interest expertise involve physician assistants (PAs) and other types of
nonphysician health professionals and health workforce policy. We have
written several books and many articles regarding the utilization of PAs in
the US health workforce. I would be be happy to contribute a paper on aspects
of American PAs and/or NPs and their current and future roles in the American
health system. One potential topic might be exploration of the degree to
which PAs can substitute for primary care physicians. Another might be a more
theoretical paper regarding conjoint training of health care professionals in
both medicine and preventive medicine. In my position I direct a three year
joint dual-masters programs for PAs. I hope you will give my
request/expression of interest consideration and I look forward to hearing
from you.

James F. Cawley, MPH, PA-C
Director, PA/MPH Program
Professor of Health Care Sciences
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Professor of Prevention and Community Health
School of Public Health and Health Services
The George Washington University
Washington, D.C. 20037
(o) 202-416-0487
(h) 410-252-4016