In a message dated 8/17/01 6:01:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> And Stephen Senn has argued in an eLetter to the BMJ that equipoise is not

Hello:
   I know that the discussion about randomized and non-randomized trials and
clinical equipoise was awhile ago.  I apologize for not keeping up with my
email better.
   But I think these two references are critical reading regarding the topic
of clinical equipoise:
Sackett DL. Uncertainty about clinical equipoise. There is another exchange
on equipoise and uncertainty. BMJ. 2001 Mar 31;322(7289):795-6.
Sackett DL. Equipoise, a term whose time (if it ever came) has surely gone.
CMAJ. 2000 Oct 3;163(7):835-6.

Cheers and Best Wishes,
Brian
Brian Budenholzer, MD
Director, Clinical Enhancement & Development
ACN18
Group Health Cooperative; Network Services Division
PO Box 204
Spokane, WA  99210-0204
USA

509/ 838-9100 X 7393