From: Ian Stuart [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 3:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Repeating DC elements

On Thu, 2001-09-13 at 10:23, Clayphan, Robina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been asked for the rationale for repeating a DC element rather than
> putting multiple values in one occurence of an element.  This is not
> something I have thought about in terms of stating a general principle and
> cannot find any specific information.
My personal fealing is that an element contains a piece of data, thus
you do whatever the data requires.

Using your dc:Creator example:
If you have one piece of data (which happens to have several names, then
you use one element.
If, on the other hand, you have several seperate pieces of data
(Creators), then you use more than one element.

My reading of the schema is that you may have more than one dc:Creator
elenent..

--

--==++
Ian Stuart