 Sorry, may I just clarify that the comments in my previous e-mail (below)
were addressed to 'Eugenia Kemble', not to Mike. Must change the headers.

I sent this e-mail in response to Mike as I respect hi experiences, views
and integrity.
As for you please explain, how is it one moment I am supporting terrorism,
and then I am a pacifist?

Also, are you arguing that my reading of Hegel, or my concerns about the use
of ideas and history are erroneous?

As I said below, if wanting to go to war is what people want, I can
understand that. I am no pacifist. If someone killed my wife and two-month
year old baby, and I had the means I would look to kill them, no doubt about
it. My hope is, however, that my friends would at least try to make
understand what I was doing before I had the opportunity.

As for Pearl Harbour, of course not. Japanese aggression was a threat to the
US's economic and strategic interests in the South Pacific. Though some
might say it would have been nice if the US government has got involved in
the fight against fascism before Hitler declared war on them.

Philip Hancock
Lecture in Sociology and Philosophy
School of Social Sciences
Glasgow Caledonian University