Info:
To give you the scope of this act and the cleanup effort underway there is
16,000 tons of debris at the Pentagon and hundreds of thousands of tons of
debris  in Manhattan.

As of right now ~4,700 people unaccounted for but NYC is bringing in
(initially ) ~10,000 body bags in anticipation of more casualties, even as
I write the news is reporting that the count could go much higher but that
is sheer speculation at this point. Normally at the time of day when this
disaster took place there would be 40,000 people in the WTC not counting
visitors and guests.

Suspected hi-jackers were trained as pilots in the US (Florida) as part of
a US based flight school. The credentials of these "trainees" are suspect
but carry the logo of the United Arab Emirates. The current investigation
being conducted under the auspices of the FBI is the largest in History.

Opinion:
Please be advised that the reaction of the US will not be one of a "paper
tiger". All the rhetoric from the President, ALL members of congress, and
the Defense establishment is that this is not only a criminal act but an
act of War.

The war when it does take place will not be one conducted by the US
against specific countries providing "safe harbor" to terrorists, it may
take on that form initially, but rather a war of "good" vs. "evil". We
speak of ideologies in certain parts of our scholarship often times
skirting issues of good and evil. We couch our terms under the guise of
political correctness so as not to offend or give the impression of
offending. We try through ethnographies and related forms of cultural
studies to understand the belief systems of others and in so doing
hopefully build bridges of understanding. Yet what kind of bridges can be
built to people and their cultures who do not value human life? What
connections can be made to cultures who suggest that their deity
encourages killing those who believe differently? AND where else in the
world would any country after having been exposed to this form of horror
protect pockets of Arabs (in New Jersey) who openly take to the streets to
cheer and burn the American Flag?

We can critique capitalism all we want and surface its asymmetries in
terms of the human condition it spawns. Yet capitalism does not openly
encourage the killing of innocent human beings.

I sense that the US will not stop until this "terroristic" cancer on
humanity is eradicated.

Mike Chumer