Many donors seem to have a set of 'blind spots' and 'dazzle
spots' in relation to ICTs and development.

I would be interested in having feedback from list members
about their experience/viewpoints about these - I will
summarise responses back to the list.

Blind spots are areas that donors seem to ignore or rate as a
very low priority.  One example might be independent, post
hoc evaluation of the ICT projects that donors fund.

Dazzle spots are areas that donors seem fixated on, giving an
artifically high priority to.  One example might be
technological infrastructure and the technology itself (as
opposed to the information on which the technology acts and/or
the context into which the technology is introduced).

I'm sure you can think of some more yourself, and I would be
glad to hear from you.

Thanks
Richard Heeks

Dr Richard Heeks
Senior Lecturer, Information Systems & Development
Institute for Development Policy & Management
University of Manchester
Precinct Centre
Manchester  M13 9GH  U.K.
Phone: +44-161-275-2870  Fax: +44-161-273-8829
Email: [log in to unmask]
IDPM Web: http://www.man.ac.uk/idpm