From: Accident and Emergency Academic List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mike Bjarkoy
Sent: 20 September 2001 15:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Syndrome X

Once again I would like to thank everyone for their input.

I would like to clarify a couple of things... my patient did suffer from 'high normal'  blood pressure but other than that she had no other characteristics mentioned (insulin resistance, dyslipidaemia and obesity common in Asians) she is caucasian.

The other thing is that I did not diagnose the patient with this - the diagnosis was made at a London hospital a year ago after extensive tests. It was the patient who referred to her own condition as Syndrome X - I have yet to come across it in any of the american periodicals I subscribe to.

I think that needed to be stated as its not me reading into potential conditions that I have read somewhere.

regards Mike