I'm new to this list, so please forgive a small 'advertisement'.
I am an entomologist now making a living from freelance journalism / writing.  As such, I have started a new web site which I hope will develop into a useful resource for both professional and enthusiastic amateur entomologists.  It is at www.intriguinginsects.com
Each week there is a feature article based on recent scientific publications (this week's is "River Blindness - twenty years of control" so please check it out.)
There are also news updates from various internet sources, as well as book choices and useful links.
Each week, when the new items are posted, I send out an e-mail reminder.  If you are interested in receiving this (one a week, maximum), please go "Free Update" in the  left hand column and fill in the form.
Feedback and suggestions for news, features and book choices are always welcome.
Peter McGrath
www.petermcgrath.net
www.IntriguingInsects.com - Go to 'Free Reminder' to sign up for a weekly email update.
www.writerfind.com/pmcgrath.htm