Liam,

May I draw your attention to that excellent journal, University Chemistry
Education, that carries articles of relevance on this topic.
For example, you may like look at papers by Barry Nicholls in Vol.-s 2 and 3,
Keith Adams, Bill Ginn and David Ruddick in Vol. 2, Steve Walker in Vol. 3, Don
Brattan, Don Mason and Tony Rest in Vol. 3,  papers by Paul Hunter and by
George McKelvy in Vol. 4 and one by Mary Masson in Vol. 5, not to mention the
various Virtual Investigations developed by John Garratt (for example in Vol.
1). All but the first volume are on the Web and Vol. 1 will also be
electronically accessible soon.

I hope this helps.

Stephen

From Dr Stephen W Breuer