Dear Bruce

You have made a number of assumptions, inferences and half statements I need
to have them clarified.

1 .Inference; My life is not dull, and your suggestion that it is, is
borderline rude. Usually people resort to this when they are on the ropes.

2. Inference; my knowledge of electro history is shaky, No I am reasonably
well read and my BSc Hons dissertation was on this subject. So no need for
the revision thanks all the same.

3 Assumption; I rarely use US, perhaps 5 applications a year at most, I am
relatively unconvinced by its claims, work in the English NHS and have no
need to take $150 dollars off anyone. It is your clinical reasoning
processes I am interested in not the US debate.

4. Half Statement; Ok rice, heat and active movement in your opinion has a
good scienfific validation. Lets have the evidence, discuss the processes,
paper, methodology strengths and weaknesses etc. We have to determine how
strong this validation is to understand why it is so superior the the US
evidence.

5. I don't understand your statement with regard to the aura stuff and
scientific background. Science is the creation and testing of ideas not a
restrictive dogma where one methodology is king and everything outside is
crass. Things like RCT SSED etc are just the imperfect tools to answer the
questions. If done in a poor or inappropriate way they have no value.
Scientists should have enquiring minds not aggressively dismissive.

6. Assumption. One last time I have no need to cling to US you could take it
out of my dept tomorrow and I wouldn't blink an eye. Therefore I do not need
to tell you why I cling to it. We are discussing reasoning/EBM/clinical
effectiveness, surely this and not a who will win the anti/pro US debate.

Probably your bedtime now in Oz so look forward to tomorrow

Kevin