David,

I spent an entire year on electrotherapy, and the place I work at has
patients seen by previous physio who come in and say "the other physio was
great because she'd put the tingling machine on me." These patients are what
I called trained, and respond only to general joint mobilisations and
massive bombardment of electrotherapy. In private practice, you learn to
either re-educate the patient or give them what they want, and the former is
not always possible, especially when the patient has been coming in for a
long time!

Henry***