Hi Folks,

As joint list-owner I have been following the discussions on US and
electrotherapy with great interest over the past week or so, and I would
have to agree with Margaret and Netta that I would hate to see either Bruce
and Kevin leave the list because of the heated nature of those discussions.

One of the things I enjoy so much about the Physiotherapy profession is that
there is so much scope for gaining expertise and knowledge in quite diverse
areas of practice and academic life. Some of the most brilliant clinicians
and academics that I know are those who are open to debating new ideas and
old 'accepted' ideas which have perhaps become outdated or superseded. None
of these people profess to have all the answers and are constantly
re-evaluating and developing their practice/thinking.

The list is a forum for such discussions, and as such should be a great
resource for those that use it. Due to the diversity of professional life,
everything on the list will not necessarily be stimulating to each of us,
but when it does spark debate then that's the whole point. There's nothing
wrong with passions rising, in fact that's stimulating for the rest of us
(and I'm not some sort of strange voyeur!!), but I think we all cringe when
it starts to get personal. It's difficult to put into writing what we might
want to say, and I know that some of the things written on the list may not
actually be confrontational at all if they were put across on a face-to-face
basis. Unfortunately that's one of the limitations of the written word when
the contributors are from all corners of the world.

So, selfishly, I'd love for you guys to stay on-line. I know others think
the same. And please can all of us pause for moment before hitting the
'SEND' button and think about how our postings might be interpreted by
others - it shouldn't kill the passion, but at least the passion won't kill
the list!!

Hope everyone's well,

Shea

Shea Palmer,