Dear Colleagues,

The Special Education Needs and Disability Act (SENDA, 2001)
and the QAA Code of Practice on Students with Disabilities will
together require some significant changes in Higher Education. These
will affect not just the institutions' physical premises but also
important aspects of the curriculum and our learning, teaching and
assesment methods.

For this reason, the LTSN-GEES Subject Centre is holding a conference
to alert academic staff in Geography, Earth and Environmental
Sciences to the implications and requirements of the new legislation
and QAA Code and to discuss how in our disciplines we can offer a
more inclusive learning experience for students with disabilities.
The LTSN-GEES conference is free of charge and will be held on Friday
19 October in Coventry.

To find out more, and to register, please visit:
http://www.gees.ac.uk/senda.htm

Kind regards,

Steve Gaskin

Dr Steve Gaskin
Dissemination Co-ordinator
LTSN National Subject Centre for Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences
University of Plymouth
Room 509 The Moneycentre
Drake Circus
Plymouth