Agreed with most here.

"No RCT = no evidence" is not part of the philosophy of EBM.

A systematic review is a study design, so I do not understand what is meant
by "EBM in the sense of systematic reviews" (like, what is EBM in the sense
of case-control studies?).  Of note systematic reviews and meta-analyses
have a very rich of summarizing observational studies (to begin with its
origins in agriculture, education, and psychology).

That Cochrane limited its scope to issues that could be summarized by
looking exclusively at RCTs appears to be more out of methodological and
practical convenience appropriate to its early history.  As other questions
need to be addressed, the Collaboration is moving forward wtih its interest
in incorporating other study designs (non-RCTs, qualitative research,
diagnostic studies).

According to the hierarchy of evidence, almost never will you be in a
situation where there is no evidence.