Eric,
Couldn't we satisfy Stu's versioning requirement by adding a new property
(i.e., version) to the eor schema?

Regards,
Harry

gistry there
are going to be a lot of additional requirements to supporting the
management of different languages.  Requirements for associating status
with dc:terms (e.g. deprecated, recommended, etc.), identifying which
dc:terms are used in what application, looking for examples that use some
dc:term, etc. all seem to be on the table.

Viewing these all as simply additional characteristics of some dc:term
provides a convenient means for managing these requirements.  I'm in no
means suggesting these requirements are all part of what's considered part
of 1.0, however, to the extent they can all be implemented in a similar and
consistent manner makes for a more flexible and efficient registry.

>I agree that we would be better off with multiple language versions of the
>schemas.  I question whether or not these are actually different schemas,
>since the schema itself, and all of it's properties resolve to the same
>resources??? Using ths approach should simplify processing.  I am fairly
>certain this is the technique used for
>http://www.dl.ulis.ac.jp/DCML/DCML.html.
>
>Stu brought up a good point.  If we go this route we have to have a means
>identify version changes.  Possibly a new element in the EOR schema???

Err... I think Stu just stumbled upon the reason why there was a strong
interest from several people during the "Namespace debates" to give new
unique identifiers for new terms.

semantic web activity lead               mailto:[log in to unmask]
w3c world wide web consortium            tel:1.614.763.1100
200 technology square, ne43-350          fax:1.208.330.5213
cambridge, ma 02139 usa