As some of you know from an announcement at Kalamazoo, I'm working on a website to make recent bibliography on Spenser available on the Web. With the generous help of Jerry Dees, outgoing editor of Spenser Review, I've received or scanned over the last sixteen months in all the reviews, abstracts, and annual bibliographic updates in the journal from its inception in 1970 to the present. The plan is to transform that material into an interactive website very like Sir Philip Sidney, On Line. (If you haven't tried the latter, have a look, at the following address):

    www.slu.edu/colleges/AS/ENG/Sidney

The problem with the Spenser project is that the scanned issues have lots of small scanning errors in them and need to be cleaned up and slightly revised before we can convert them into a database.

If you have a day or two free in the month before school starts (or during the fall term), could you send me a message (off line, of course)? I'll send you an issue or two to clean up and proofread against the original printed copy.

If Spenserians make this a communal effort, we can put the whole website together very quickly. Please let me know if you can help before August 5, if possible, since I'll be traveling for a couple of weeks after that.

With thanks, in advance, for your help,
Donald Stump, Editor
Edmund Spenser, On Line