In the interests of social inclusion I am investigating ways of enabling people with no fixed address to borrow materials from Derby City Libraries. The homeless,Travellers and Asylum Seekers are those groups I am particularly interestd in.

How do other libraries out there deal with this? Issues I am most concerned with are:

*Borrowing rights for those people with no fixed address- do they differ from those users with a permanent addresss.

*Establishing the identity of those without a permanent address. What is deemed acceptable.

*Stock losses from those without  fixed addresses.

*What address is used for membership eg homeless shelter, relative/friend, social services. How does this work in practice-do you require letter of authorization.

Many Thanks to everyone who replies.

Bernard Haigh
Assistant City Librarian(Central Libraries)
Derby City Libraries

The views expressed in this email are personal and may not necessarily
reflect those of Derby City Council, unless explicitly stated otherwise

This email, and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and
are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify
me immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you should not copy
it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.

www.mimesweeper.com