The ICM Research Standing Committee is looking to develop an expert network of research advisors/peer reviewers to provide advice and support to the ICM and the Research Standing Committee on research issues. This network will serve a dual function of facilitating research collaboration among members as well as providing a resource to the ICM. The overall aim of the ICM Research Standing Committee is to strengthen the development of midwifery research internationally. Currently the Committee consists of regional representatives whose aim is to facilitate the dissemination of information and develop the research workshops and themes at the Triennial Congress and we are now looking to develop a network of active researchers.

We are looking for people who:

Recognise the importance of research to midwifery and reproductive health generally,

Are professionally active in the area of midwifery and reproductive research,

 We aim to publish a contact database of members research expertise on the new ICM web site to facilitate networking among members. We would be pleased to hear from any person who believes he or she can contribute to the process of providing expert advice and reviewing research. In accordance with other networks of this type, applicants will be asked to send in a CV before acceptance.

 Please email an expression of interest with your CV to the ICM office [log in to unmask] and we will contact you in due course. If you have any queries, please contact me directly at the address below.

Dr  Jane Sandall and Kathy Hershderfer
Co-chairs ICM Research Standing Committee
Professor of Midwifery and Women's Health
Florence Nightingale School of Nursing & Midwifery
King's College, London
57 Waterloo Road, London
SE1 8WA
Tel: 020 7848 3605
Fax: 020 7848 3506
[log in to unmask]">e-mail:[log in to unmask]
http://www.kcl.ac.uk
home [log in to unmask]">email:[log in to unmask]