On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Andy Powell wrote:

> our continued disablility to be able to advise people about implementing
> DC in plain XML (rather than RDF/XML) using either DTDs or XML Schemas is
> a big problem for us. Saying to people 'you made the wrong technology
> choice' is simply *not* good enough.  If we find we have to say that to
> the majoritory of implementors then we made the wrong technology choice.
>
> Some guidance (even in the form of notes) about implementing DC
> (qualified and simple) in XML would be very helpful to people I would have
> thought.

Well, I thought I'd better actually do something, rather than simply
moaning about lack of guidelines... so I've written something up at

  http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/resources/dc/dc-xml-guidelines/

I'd be interested in comments, though I'll also send a note about this to
dc-architecture in due course, so comments might be better sent there.

Note that the examples may well need some work because I don't understand
XML schemas and namespaces vey well! :-(

Andy
--
Distributed Systems and Services
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK       [log in to unmask]