I wonder, in vain hope, if anyone can help me. My computer seems to be infested with two particularly nasty viruses thus:

1) paultreanor.exe - this one fills my machine with strange leaps of logic, conspiracy theories that seem barely plausible (i doubt even carol vorderman, let alone arthur c. clark, would manage to sustain a couple of minutes debating the possibilities)and borderline madness.

2)critgeogcrap.exe - an endless stream of bizarre, vaguely geographical, stories with VERY STRONG MORALS... this has been happening for some time now. make it stop!

As for the below, see comments

Paul Treanor <[log in to unmask]> reckons, right!
>Graham Tipple wrote:
>>
>> You have just sent me a file containing the SirCam virus. I >> destroyed it but it is potentially very harmful.
>
>No, I sent you no mail, but someone put my address on a mail
>which deliberately included the virus.

Why would someone bother to do this?? Do you think I have nothing better to do?? I haven't even got a computer! gah!

>I can not be the inadvertent source of a virus-originated
>mail either. The SirCamvirus replicates through the address
>book and I leave my adress book empty, to avoid propagating
>viruses. In any case the SirCam virus can not operate on my >computer.

The SirCam virus does NOT require an address book to replicate and works instead with recently used email addresses to circulate random documents.

>The virus can not have operated from another person's
>computer either - unless they have for some reason changed
>the e-mail address on the mail programme to my address.

I guess that could happen. Though seems very unlikely.

>More than likely, it was
>sent to the members of the crit-geog-forum mailing list. In
>the past, someone posted to that list using my e-mail
>address, which is not very difficult.

a child could do it. or a fool. or, even, an evil cyberpunk intent on wrecking your good reputation?  i think you might be embarressed because you sent a rubbish joke into the list??

> That was after
>controversial mail from me, and now that has happened again
>- I posted yesterday on the G8 and democracy.

though, as i recall, not terribly controversially...i think you should try harder

>If anyone saved the complete original message, they can
>check the originating IP and mail it to me. However, anyone
>who goes to so much trouble is probably capable of changing
>the originating IP.

Precisely. sickos!

Get your own FREE Donotreply.com Email account at...
http://www.evilemail.com

http://Donotreply.com - Did you think I was kidding?