I've had a look at the recommended site for the CMap software and
agree this seems to be very useful - but when I got onto thinking
about downloading and trying it out, I got cold feet as I was
concerned about setting this up on a PC which is part of a network
on campus.  Eventually I may want to use for teaching - it would be
excellent I'm sure, but at the moment I want to get some expertise
myself first,even if this is quite basic.  I will be looking to develop a
"map" for my research into sports participation.  Has anyone any
experience of the download that can allay my fears, give me some
easy pointers etc?.  I don't want to get halfway into it and find I
need the IT Technician to get me out of a hole.

Barbara Bell
Programme Leader, Sports Studies
Department of Leisure and Sport
Faculty of HE Warrington