It is common to read that muscles can be divided into two fuctional groups:

                   -postural muscles,also sometimes called stabilisers or
tonic muscles

                   -mobilisers,or phasic muscles

I have,however,come across significant discrepancies in lists of which
muscles fall into which group.For example,some claim that long two joint
muscles such as rectus femoris and TFL/ITB are mobilisers,which will become
tight or overactive in patterns of dysfunction.This is certainly what is
taught by Kinetic Control on their courses in the UK.Yet today I was reading
"Muscle Energy Techniques"by Leon Chaitow,and I find that these very muscles
are listed as postural.I also read that phasic muscles tend to become
weak(inhibited),ie not tight or overactive at all!

Can we really accept these  ideas when there is such obvious inconsistency
in the detail?

I invite views from list members!

Regards,
Nigel Biggs