Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2001 17:19:15
This message was forwarded through MEDSOCNEWS.
If you wish to make an announcement or publicise
an event then please send the text to:

> Apologies for cross-posting. Please  forward or otherwise draw the
> attention of these postgraduate studentship opportunities to any
> interested students or colleagues

        It is not too late to apply for an MRC Advanced Course Award
(covering fees and maintenance) for our MSc in Medical Sociology- details
below.

> ROYAL HOLLOWAY, UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
>
> DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
>
> MSc in MEDICAL SOCIOLOGY:
>
> This well-established MSc programme may be taken fulltime (50 weeks) or
> part-time ((100 weeks, daytime classes). The core programme comprises
> courses in sociology of health and illness, health care organisation,
> theory and methods of social research and statistics and computing. Our
        The Department welcome applications for the course from students who
possess or expect to obtain a good first degree in sociology or a related
discipline or an interdisciplinary programme including a substantial element
of sociology. A preparatory reading course or preliminary Diploma may be
offered to students with nonstandard qualifications.

        The course currently attracts quota awards for fulltime students
from both the MRC and  ESRC and has 'RT' recognition from the ESRC, i.e. the
research training provided exempts students proceeding to PhD study from
further general research training.

        The deadline for nominations for MRC Awards is late July.
Applicants wishing to be considered for these awards should therefore apply
as soon as possible.

        Application forms and further details can be obtained from Dr Mary
Ann Elston, Course Director (details below), or the Postgraduate Secretary
in the Department of Social and Political Science  (email
[log in to unmask] or tel 01784 443687)