Yes

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Newman, Martin [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
        Sent:   Tuesday, June 19, 2001 10:27 AM
        To:     [log in to unmask]
        Subject:        Replying to messages

        I have had a request from digest members of the list. There have
recently
        been a lot of long messages, to which short replies to specific
points have
        been made. It would be helpful if members when replying to specific
points
        from long postings could copy the specific point there replying to
rather
        than including the whole of the previous message. Hopefully this
will make
        the debate easier to follow.

        On a separate point, would list members like my to change the list
settings
        so that reply goes only to the sender and reply to all goes to the
whole
        list? At present either will send a message to all.

        Thanks

        Martin