Hi Signe,

These are two useful papers, though they also imply that there aren't
much reliable evidence for hospital planning.

Arash

        Edwards N,.Harrison A. The hospital of the future: Planning hospitals
with limited evidence: a research and policy problem. BMJ
1999;319:1361-3.
        Cornell S, Chilcott J, rennan A. Is it feasible to plan secondary care
services for coronary heart disease rationally? A quantified modelling
approach for a UK Health Authority. J.Epidemiol.Community Health
2001;55:521-7.

--
Arash Rashidian, MD
Health Services Research Scholar