Dear all,

I know there are some questions and disagreements on different ways of
sample size calculation for a regression model. If I take the example of
a linear model with k number of independent variables; some say 3*k=n is
the minimum necessary for a good power, and some say k*k*k is enough.

The difference is huge and the researches approach the question very
differently. Many published data even do not speak about sample size
calculation.

I've got two questions and your responses are very appreciated:

1) are you aware of any published material on the issue of sample size
calculation for regression models? the most that I've seen don't go
further than a linear model with 1 independent variable.

2) Another possibility is to break down the question to a single
coefficient (Bi) - the coefficient which is the most important one for
the research objectives- and do a real calculation on that. Do you know
any reference for it or a practical example?

Yours
Arash
--
Arash Rashidian, MD