We are holding The First International Conference on Symptom, Diagnostic
and Disability Validity: Improving Patient Outcomes in September 26-29,
2002 in Toronto. We are interested in finding innovative exhibitors with
EBM type products/services for health professionals, health administrators
and patients and would like input.  As with all our conferences - as a
charity funds raised goes to support open research competitions and support
education programs.  I would welcome any ideas/contacts.
Please contact me at [log in to unmask]

Conference Purpose: To disseminate and foster advances in the assessment of
symptom, diagnostic and disability validity with the aim of improving
patient outcomes and increase the precision of disability determinations.
Call for Papers (deadline June 30, 2002)

Objective: Participants will learn methods to assess symptom, diagnostic
and disability validity in their specialty and will become familiar with
the methods used to assess validity by health care providers in other
specialties.

THEMES
Medical, Ethical and Legal Aspects of Symptom, Diagnostic and Disability
Validity
Diagnostic Validity
Disability Validity
Symptom Validity