On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Chris Croome wrote:

Hi

> Thanks for that, I think I now have valid RDF, and I'm a little
> further down the road to understanding this stuff :-)

No problem! RDF Qualified Dublin Core is a pretty expressive format, so
there's always a danger of getting the tradeoffs wrong and having
something so expressive and sophisticated it can't be readily
explained. I think with dc-architecture we're pushing at those limits in
an interesting way; it's good to have examples and feedback such as
yours to ground things back in the practical.

To be honest, tracking down the syntax bugs in your data was a bit
depressing, so I went off and built the RDF query testbed page to
remind myself why I think this stuff is worthwhile! Now that your server
seems to be shipping well-formed RDF/DC, I've extended the example page
to have a query which merges in 3 RDF files from your site. Hope this is
OK...

See the second example in:
        http://rdfweb.org/people/danbri/2001/06/dcarch-test/rdfq-tests.html

...noting that the only thing changed is the 'FROM' clause of the
query; it now says:

        FROM    http://testers.mkdoc.com/dc.rdf,
                http://testers.mkdoc.com/features/dc.rdf,
                http://testers.mkdoc.com/cma/dc.rdf

...showing that we can pull together diverse metadata using RDF/DC. This
example isn't too exciting since the three files are similarly formated
and mention different resources. It would be more fun if the three files
were linked using dc:relation qualifiers; maybe I'll have a go at that
next time. Anyway, the live example seems to work in the (SiRPAC
based) Java tool: it finds three resultset rows that match the query
expression.

The RDF query demos are based on Java stuff. I've also been playing with
a Perl version; it's not packaged up properly yet, but for a preview,
see the example code in:
        http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/06/rdfperl/current/t/dcmitest.pl

> Chris

Dan