I am a student of comparative literature at the University of Vienna, and I am writing my dissertation about literature's impact on Disney films.  As an example I have chosen Rudyard Kipling's "Jungle Books". I could find out, that Walt Disney had problems getting the rights of the book (Kipling had a very protective daughter), but I couldn`t find out details, i.e. I couldn't find out why he was able to use the stories in the end.
I was wondering if anybody on this list can give me any information about this issue.

Thanks and regards,
Christina