The departure of Bill East from the list is, or should be, ancient history
at this point. Why must some members persist in lamenting this fact in a
tone our medieval sources reserve for martyrologies? Correspond with him
personally if you wish, but onlist, we should move on.

George is right to have requested that Mr. East's musings not be reposted
to the list. Surely it makes sense that, once a member has been asked to
resign from the list, s/he should not continue to be a presence through the
intermediary of another member. Whether or not you liked Mr. East and his
perspectives is not the issue.

I think this is a wonderful list, in large part because the owners have
worked hard to construct --- and enforce --- reasonable parameters for
discussion.

--Nancy Caciola
   History, UCSD

At 08:37 AM 5/15/01 -0800, you wrote:
>medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture
>
>Dear Christopher,
>
>Although I might agree with a number of your points concerning the
>importance of free and scholarly exchange, the tone of your recent
>postings and choice of expression are difficult to reconcile with the
>scholarly values you express and the list (and I suppose the list
>members) endorse.
>
>Dan Kline
>U of Alaska Anchorage

>To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME
>to: [log in to unmask]
>To send a message to the list, address it to:
>To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion
>to: [log in to unmask]
>In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to:
>For further information, visit our web site:
>http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]